Become a Winter Shelter Volunteer
(December through March)
Volunteers are at the heart of the Winter Shelter program
- Evening Volunteers: greet clients, assist with nightly preparations, overnight stays, morning shift clean up, and serve meals. Training class is required.
- Meal Prep: prepare evening and breakfast meals (can be frozen ahead), and snacks.
Volunteers must be 18 or older to assist at the shelter, and complete the following requirements:
- Fill out the Winter Shelter Volunteer Form
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- PA Child Abuse Check
- Attend one in-person volunteer training session or watch online presentation
- Click here for step by step clearance details!
Online Training for Returning Volunteers
- Be sure to click the link on Slide 10 to sign the Training Verification Sheet!
Interested in volunteering/want to know more?
Frances Rubis, MSW
Winter Shelter Coordinator
Online Training for New Volunteers
After you have completed your volunteer training and all the appropriate forms, we use SignUpGenius to schedule our volunteers. Weekly commitments are not required; choose the time slot that suits you!