How to Get Involved
Become a Winter Shelter Volunteer
(December through March)
- Evening Volunteers: greet clients, assist with nightly preparations, overnight stays, morning shift clean up, and serve meals. Training class is required.
- Meals: prepare evening and breakfast meals (can be frozen ahead), and snacks.
Become a Day Center Volunteer
(Day Center opens during winter months depending on the need)
- Two shifts with two volunteers each: 10am-1pm and 1pm-4pm
- Day Center Volunteers prepare an afternoon meal and assist clients with job applications.
Join Client Support Teams
- Moving Teams: move clients and their belongings into local apartments.
- Transportation Teams: provide rides to clients for doctor appointments, service meetings, or stores.
- Mentoring Teams: support a client by being a volunteer mentor-friend with regular times together.
“ECHOS was honored to assist a local Etown family of four last fall, whose husband drove supplies to Texas hurricane survivors. During his trip, their electric fell behind and was turned off. Without electric, they had no well water, electric heat, or way to cook. Community donations made this happen!”